Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Vow

Last night, I watched "The Vow" after putting the boys to sleep and all I can say is Wow! Not only is it a great chick-flick romance, but it really made me think.  The premise of the movie is a couple gets into a car crash and although they survive they aren't left without speed bumps they must venture across.  The woman suffers from a traumatic brain injury & memory loss (she doesn't remember him or their life) and the man is determined to make her fall in love with him again & remember what they had.  Although, I didn't suffer memory loss, I too, have had to learn a new me.  I can't even fathom what that would've been like with memory loss.  It saddens me to think, I could have woken up from surgery unable to remember Darren, Zachary or Kadin.  As I write this, I get choked up thinking about it and I have to stop myself and give Thanks to God for the blessing of memory.  I couldn't remember how to walk, talk, or swallow, but I didn't forget precious memories like what it felt like to see Darren on our wedding day, or to have an enormous hug from Zach with an I Love You, or the beautiful grin Kadin has that warmed my heart even in those dark days of ICU.  How blessed I am!  After watching the movie, I snuck into each of their bedrooms to see them one last time before I went to sleep. What AMAZING gifts they are! Thank you Lord for the memories of the past, the current & and those that I'll be making in the future. Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment