Sunday, July 01, 2012

God Moments

The other morning, my alarm went off at 4:30 and I struggled to open my eyes.  It wouldn't have been such a struggle if I hadn't skipped the gym the past two mornings because I had been so tired.  I finally got up and ready for the gym. After arriving and doing a slighty shorter workout (bum knee), I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the upcoming week.  I got in line and began to unload my items.  I looked up from my basket and noticed someone behind me in line.  She only had one item & had my checker not started with my items, I would have let her jump ahead. I recognized that I met her months before at the salad bar where I shared my brain tumor recovery and she'd told me about her own struggle with cancer and her daughter's brain tumor.  I left that conversation grateful and thankful I'd had the opportunity for it. Now this lovely lady stood behind me. I apologized for the number of items and she said, "wow that's some sore throat" and before she could get it all out, she cocked her head and said, "it's something different, isn't it?" I reminded her of my brain tumor recovery and she nodded.  We exchanged pleasantries and then I moved to the counter to check out.  I said "hi" to Patty, the wonderful night checker I've come to know.  She commented on my positive attitude and how good it always was.  I told her that I was so blessed by God and thankful I was doing what I could.  We all just smiled and went on with our days, but I was blessed by those exchanges.  I know from previous conversations those ladies know my God and give Him the glory for things that have happened in their lives just as I do for what He's done in mine. Thank you Lord for working in and through us. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment