Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Lesson Learned

Happy Spring!

Now that I have that off my chest, I can really get to the good stuff. Well, I guess its good. After I had been home from the hospital a few months after my surgery & resulting hospitalization, Darren presented me with an IPhone 4. I have never had or really cared about having the newest and latest gadget, but I was so excited. He said that he wanted me to have something that was reliable for those times I was out or for when I started driving (in winter, mind you). I have really enjoyed this phone; checking e-mail or face book, taking pictures of my kids, discovering a new recipe, whatever I wanted. My only complaint was that I couldn't update my blog from my phone, hence the delays in posting. Over the past month and a half, this phone, has driven me crazy. It has shut down and completely stopped working, wiping out my calendar, pictures, and such. Darren has tried and successfully restored it twice, but this last time, no luck. I hadn't even had the opportunity to return from a friend's cabin during Memorial Day weekend, when it went kaput. No hope was had. Gone were 175 photos I had taken and yet to download. Ugh! A new phone (refurbished) was sent to me to replace the one I currently own and I hope this one performs to a higher magnitude that its counterpart.

So, why am I mentioning this? Well, I didn't realize until now, how much I depend on my phone. I realized I would rather focus on something better than my emails and face book. I am not kidding anyone, even myself, when I say that I won't use this phone a ton. For calls? No, for emails, face book, Internet browsing, and such. I now know that I need to refocus myself on God and what He has to say. It isn't enough that I have a devotional app or that I get a scripture of the day sent to me, I need to lay down the phone and focus on what really matters, time with Him.

Enough from my soapbox. This wont be an easy change for me, but I know it will be worth it.

Thanks for listening (reading).

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment