Saturday, April 07, 2012

Allergy





My little guy has suffered from asthma, eczema, tummy troubles & possible food allergies, some since birth and I wondered if it was all connected and due to testable allergies. So after discussing it with the boy's Pediatrician we got a referral to have him seen by an Allergist. 

Testing occurred and Kadin was a champ! After 40 pokes it was discovered he has the following results:

Allergies
Minor: cat, dog, milk, almond 
Major: peanut, egg, garlic

Over the past two weeks, all I've been able to do is formulate more questions. But regardless of my fear, confusion, doubt, questions, I've been continually reminded that God is in control and He's constantly watching over us. He watched Kadin especially close until we discovered this news. Now it's up to us to be more proactive & creative with food options especially. 

Some of the encouragement God provided to me was:

  • Psalm 17:6 I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.
  • Psalm 55:22 Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
  • Friends that have had little ones with similar experiences who were willingly to field my questions & offer advice and encouragement.
As I've tried to wrap my mind around this new challenge, I'm filled with more & more questions. I wonder how Kadin hasn't had a reaction to any of these allergens (PTL) when he has been enjoying many foods with these allergens in them for over a year. I noticed small hives & rash after a small exposure to peanut butter & I suspected a allergic reaction to it, but GARLIC? I'm baffled! Garlic is in everything, EVERYTHING! I'm trying to be proactive and eliminate Kadin's exposure to his allergens, but I'm so confused. I'm drafting a list of questions to address with his Doctors office. I hope for some clarity and direction. Until then here's to creative cooking with limitations :) I'll let y'all know where this goes. Please pray for us as we navigate this road of uncertainty. 

Thank you Lord for the encouragement you've given so far.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment