Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blessings






Last week I was blessed to become an "auntie" again. She is the little girl I always wanted but couldn't/shouldn't have. I am so amazed at how precious she is. I'm in awe of my sister for sticking to her birth plan and enduring labor naturally to welcome this little angel into our family. I'm impressed at how both Kyle & Jaime have moved into parenthood. What a joyful spirit Lily is already.

It's been so cute to watch Zach's excitement for Lily. He anxiously awaited her arrival on her birth day. He couldn't wait to go to the hospital. When she cries, he sings her his own lullabies. He asks to hold herald when he can visit her. Kadin understands there is a baby, but doesn't seem to pay it much thought after that. The other day, Darren was nicknamed "baby whisperer" as she instantly calmed in hoist arms. I am just humbled & blessed to 'be there' for my sister. I am SO PROUD of her! The journey into Motherhood is hard. Sure it's full of joyful moments, but it's speckled with tinges of sadness, disappointment, confusion, and frustration. Despite these tough moments, she's hung on with excellent help from Kyle, and together they have persevered. True this is just the beginning, but it's a great stride in the right direction.

Because this is the final week of 2011, I've been thinking of what I want to focus on in 2012. I'm writing down my goals so that I can be reminded of them daily.

May you have a happy, healthy, and safe entrance into the new year!

Blessings!






No comments:

Post a Comment