Friday, October 28, 2011

Happenings



This past weekend, I got to attend my sister Jaime's baby shower. It was at my Dad and Step-Mom's house and I planned most of it. She wanted a Dr. Seuss theme and I had fun trying to incorporate it in the invitations, food, favors & gift I gave. It was so great to have so many wonderful ladies in attendance. I'm including a few photos of the big day. Thank you Mom, Mom #2, Wendy, Aimee, and Bonnie for your help with food.

























In addition to that the Salvation Army had their annual Teddy Bear Tea. This year my Mom and I dressed 31 bears. It would have been great to see how they were received but I'd rather spend the price of the tickets, dressing a bear. I'm also including pictures of the bears we entered. We received a special recognition for our 15 "Awareness bears", 1st place for our "Remembering 9-11 Heroes"' 2nd place for our "Prince William & Kate Middleton", and 3rd place for our "Chef Bobby Flay." *please note that there is 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in each of the 10 categories then a group of special recognition and the Grand Prize. We had a first this year, we had one of our bear sets (Prince William & Kate Middleton) get auctioned in the live auction. It'll be interesting to see what I come up with next year. Thank you Mom for teaming up with me and being willing to tackle the costumes I come up with sans formal pattern. We have been doing this for 6 years and it is such a fun way to be involved.











































No comments:

Post a Comment