Sunday, March 27, 2011

Procrastination












If you were to look up this word in the dictionary, my picture would not be there. You see, I'm the type of person that has my three year olds 4th and 5th year old birthday parties planned... and my one year olds, 2nd and 3rd. Is this sick? I don't know, it makes me feel like I am on top of things. So how did I stumble across this word today? Well, today, right now, it describes me. I am getting on a plane tomorrow afternoon to head back to OHSU for another consultation and either an injection or surgery, and do you think I am packed? If you know me, you would say I probably packed last week, or whenever I found out I had to go on this trip. Usually, you would be correct, but today, you're not. I have a possibility pile in the corner of my closet with clothes, suitcase and such things scattered, but it has not made it into the bag just yet. I have to make cupcakes for a fundraiser for an awesome charity I am involved in. I have to clean my bathroom and the half bath, so I don't scare off my mother-in-law and mother, that have so generously agreed to watch the boys while we are away for a few days. I need to vacuum and clean the kitchen, and make sure all the beds have been stripped and remade. Oh I Love Chores! Yeah right! So I am updating my blog instead of being super productive during nap time. While my boys (dad included) nap away this afternoon, I chose to clean up my hotmail account and blog. Seriously, I have a problem. I love blogging and sharing with you about how life is going, but I never thought I would use it as a distraction point away from the chores looming overhead.


I don't have much to say as I am waiting for an updated evaluation on my paralyzed vocal chord. I did get permission this week from my doctor to have my stomach tube removed. This of course causes me joy/fear at the same time. Oh well! I will press on and remind myself it is a step forward.


I am including some pictures from the brain party last month, I finally g0t them compiled. Thanks for your continued support. I will be sure to update my blog upon my return from Oregon. I have my fingers crossed for no surgery!


Blessings


Picture Explanation:


Rachael & I - One of my best friends since elementary school came from Chicago


FOOD - Brunch with Brain Food - Yes some resembled brains, but it was all good for your brain


Lollipops :0) Read the message


Flowers - from Darren & the boys - Man I am one lucky lady! Also had the brain cupcakes I made


Jitana, Darren & I- Jitana is my Nurse Case Mgr. who has become more like a great friend, she came all the way from Tennessee to help celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment