Friday, August 27, 2010

Yesterday Rocked!

Yesterday was awesome. I swallowed two bites of Raspberry/Strawberry Jello! Okay I know that sounds pathetic but to me it was HUGE! My esophagus doesn't want to open to allow food down it so I am pretty happy about this revelation. I just need continued prayer that my brain will remember how important swallowing is. I also went back to my old stomping grounds at Alaska Regional. I first visited Rehab and it was so great to see one of my favorite nurses and the awesome therapists that helped me so much and the social worker who came to my aid to lay out all that I would need at home. I also got to see the Doctor who discharged me, what a cool guy, he worked really hard to get me off as many medications as possible, as well as apparatuses (i.e. oxygen machine, etc., and set me up with an awesome Internist. Next, I headed to ICU/CCU and another one of my favorite nurses just happened to be working. It was so great to see her and to get a big giant bear hug from her. I can't wait til I am eating and I can go collect my girl scout cookies she promised me while I was under her care in ICU/CCU. What a treasure she is. I was touched by so many awesome people during my stay. I was blessed with excellent nurses, doctors, and therapists. What a lucky girl I have been. Thank you for all of you who have been with me during this journey and for those of you who went the extra mile to take such great care of me. I truly appreciate it, even if it didn't seem so in the minute.

Blessings!

p.s. I left out names for privacy - but you know who you all are! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment