Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Other People Hurtin

I'm sure that many of you are just as saddened about the tornado that destroyed Joplin, Missouri, Sunday. I am reminded so often that I am blessed and this horrible event again brought that to the forefront of my mind. I, like many, may not always rejoice in my current circumstances, but I can rejoice that I'm alive, I have clean clothes to put on, a house to live in, food in my tummy, and friends/family surrounding me. I have heard countless stories of neighbors helping neighbors, people driving from nearby states to feed folks, clear destruction areas, and do what they can do to help. To me, these people are hero's! One story that I find particularly uplifting is the one that shares the double rainbow that was seen over Joplin shortly after the tornado hit. Gods promises! Go to You Tube video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srdhu3uU0IY&feature=youtube_gdata_player to see.

Please join me in helping these people out! Please pray for these people and what they've gone through and will go through. Please, if you can & are willing, donate to an organization that will help these folks out. Many organizations have already mobilized in the area, just be cautious about giving to someone you've never heard of before. A safe bet is always the Red Cross at www.redcross.org where you can specify where you want your donation to go. Thanks again!

Quick synopsis on me: recovery is still trucking slowly along. I've noticed minor differences in the last few days and I'm excited to see where they lead.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment