Sunday, February 25, 2018

2920



Today marks 8 years (2920 days) since the surgery that radically changed the course of my life.  As I sit in the dark of my bedroom writing this, before my house awakes, I can’t help but be mindful of what today means.  Through the last 8 years it has meant different things for me, but this year feels like its one of reflection. I remember the hours, days & weeks after surgery seemed to move slower than frozen molasses. Now it’s as if the days are on hyperdrive.  I had goals I had set for myself that have gone by the wayside and yet things I never imagined doing happened.  I’ve decided I need to revisit my list of goals and decide what’s still meaningful and get on it!!!
Not only am I reflective but I’m still so very THANKFUL! So many others dropped everything to be by my side or to help care for my babies. I can never say Thank You enough. I am so grateful!!!! Many others held me in prayers & well wishes. I received cards, balloons, and lots of messages of love, encouragement, and support.  Thank you!!!! It was & still is overwhelming to think of it all.  I am so very Thankful to have had such an incredible cheering section then & in the days, weeks, months & years that followed.
I wish I could update you and say that I am now at 100%, but I’m not.  I am not sure that’s my story and most days I am okay with that.  I am my biggest stumbling block!!! The deficits I still have are still real... yet I think if I am honest with myself, my perception of some of them is much worse than they truly are. I’m still learning that people don’t care about them as much as I do. I’m not saying people around me don’t care... it’s they aren’t bothered by them, they care for me regardless. I just have to get this idea & my fears about them under control & be willing to dance outside the boundaries occasionally. 
It’s really hard to believe it’s been 8 years! Time flies when your busy living life!


Thank you for being a part of my journey! I’m not done yet. Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment