Monday, July 08, 2013

Kasilof

WOW! When I look back at the past few years of Kasilof camping during the 4th of July, I am reminded of God's incredible restoring power.  He is truly making things new!

I looked back to my first visit after leaving the hospital and I remember the anxiety I had about that trip.  I was traveling 3 1/2 hours from the hospital that had cared for me for 6 weeks. I was filled with hundreds of what if's, but God provided those answers and I was able to enjoy the get away as much as possible.  Because I was not even out of the hospital three months, I had to rely on those with me for much.  Caring for myself was a full time job, but I still had two children to think of.  Darren, Jaime and Kyle were incredible and stepped up and filled the void.  They entertained the boys, changed clothes & diapers, fed them all the good camping food (or a bottle in Kadin's case), and kept them loved and safe.  The trip went well and despite still being on a feeding tube and having the balance of a drunken sailor, I too survived.  Although it was tough to not partake in all the camping fun especially the smores.


2010 - Zachary -2 years old almost 3 & Kadin - 5 months old




2011 -  Zachary 3 years old almost 4 & Kadin almost 1 1/2 years old



2012 - Zachary 4 years old almost 5 & Kadin almost 2 1/2 years old





2013 - Zachary 5 years old almost 6 & Kadin almost 3 1/2 years old





















 





















 






2013 - Kasilof trip was awesome.  I felt like I could finally participate fully in all the activities.  We had lots of fun with a ton of firsts. Zachary brought his four wheeler and did beach riding with his Daddy.  Zachary caught a frog. Kadin did his first 4 wheeler ride without fear and now LOVES it!  Darren and I shot our first handgun's.  We watched our first movie huddled in the back of a Tahoe.

So many memories to be thankful for!  Thank you to Bonnie & Gerald Kragt for letting us use their cabin each year.  Custom made with love! Thank you to Jaime & Kyle Kragt for inviting us and always making it a great time. Not only family but awesome friends. Much love to you and Miss Lily.

Blessings.










No comments:

Post a Comment